St John's Wort
St John’s Wort has been used medicinally since ancient Greek times where it is believed Dioscorides and Hippocrates used it to rid the body of evil spirits.
Mechanism of Action
St John’s Wort has been used traditionally to “combat the demons of melancholy”. As a result of scientific research, St John’s Wort is now taken, worldwide, for the maintenance of healthy emotional balance and wellbeing. It has been demonstrated to alleviate anxiety, to promote calm and have beneficial effects on disturbed sleep patterns.
Thompsons high potency St Johns Wort 4000 can be used to help manage feelings of anxiety, stress and sadness. St Johns Wort is a natural non-habit forming way to improve well being and elevate mood. St Johns Wort can also be used for the relief of mild nerve pain.
Concentrated herbal extract equivalent to dry
St John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) herb top flowering 4g (4000mg)
Standardised to contain Hypericin 2.2mg
Direction for use
Adults – One tablet with food or as professionally prescribed.
Indications for Use
• May assist with the symptomatic relief of stress disorders
• May assist in the management of anxiety and mood swings
• Helps elevate the mood and helps lift feelings of sadness and emotional agitation
• May assist in the relief of nervous tension and anxiety associated with PMT
• May assist in the relief of nervous tension and anxiety associated with menopause
• Has been traditionally used for the relief of nerve pain.
This product will start to exert beneficial effects within 2-4 weeks of continuous use. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner. Do not use with anti-depressant medications. St John's Wort affects the way a number of prescription medicines work, including the oral contraceptive pill.